Bideford Pannier Market to open an extra day
- Credit: Archant
The Pannier Market in Bideford will now be open on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays in the run up to Christmas.
BIDEFORD Pannier Market will now be trading for an extra day in the run up to Christmas.
The town council’s Market Management Committee agreed the market can trade on Fridays, in addition to the usual Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Councillor David Howell, of the committee, told the Gazette: “This has come from the stall holders themselves; they wanted to try trading for an extra day.
“It’s great to see some enthusiasm and trade going up in the market.”
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow (Friday) will be the first day of trading and the extra day will run up until Christmas.
Councillor Howell added: “Friday and Saturday could be great trading days for the market.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
“We will be reviewing this in January and I am hopefully it is something we will be able to continue for the busier parts of the year.”