Bideford Pannier Market to open an extra day
- Credit: Archant
The Pannier Market in Bideford will now be open on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays in the run up to Christmas.
BIDEFORD Pannier Market will now be trading for an extra day in the run up to Christmas.
The town council’s Market Management Committee agreed the market can trade on Fridays, in addition to the usual Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Councillor David Howell, of the committee, told the Gazette: “This has come from the stall holders themselves; they wanted to try trading for an extra day.
“It’s great to see some enthusiasm and trade going up in the market.”
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow (Friday) will be the first day of trading and the extra day will run up until Christmas.
Councillor Howell added: “Friday and Saturday could be great trading days for the market.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
“We will be reviewing this in January and I am hopefully it is something we will be able to continue for the busier parts of the year.”