Bideford Pannier Market to get solar panels?
- Credit: Archant
Councillors are applying for funding to make the pannier market in Bideford more self sufficient.
BIDEFORD Pannier Market could become more self sufficient if plans to place photovoltaic (solar) cells on its roof are successful.
Bideford Town Councillors agreed on Thursday to apply to the Town and Parish Council Fund for a grant for the project.
Cllr Peter Christie, who put forward the submission, said he had spoken to officers at Torridge District Council who were enthusiastic about the idea.
“This would benefit all of the market traders, and help contribute towards fuel poverty in the town,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
All of the councillors voted in favour of making the application before the February deadline.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course