Bideford Pannier Market to get solar panels?
- Credit: Archant
Councillors are applying for funding to make the pannier market in Bideford more self sufficient.
BIDEFORD Pannier Market could become more self sufficient if plans to place photovoltaic (solar) cells on its roof are successful.
Bideford Town Councillors agreed on Thursday to apply to the Town and Parish Council Fund for a grant for the project.
Cllr Peter Christie, who put forward the submission, said he had spoken to officers at Torridge District Council who were enthusiastic about the idea.
“This would benefit all of the market traders, and help contribute towards fuel poverty in the town,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
All of the councillors voted in favour of making the application before the February deadline.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted