Bideford outlet centre bucks the trend
DOOM and gloom in the high street is not reflected in the success of Atlantic Village outlet centre in Bideford. It has been riding the crest of a wave over the last 12 months with new store openings and increasing numbers of shoppers. Last year saw
DOOM and gloom in the high street is not reflected in the success of Atlantic Village outlet centre in Bideford.
It has been riding the crest of a wave over the last 12 months with new store openings and increasing numbers of shoppers.
Last year saw new store openings for Caf� Lily's, M&S Outlet, Hush Puppies and Yeomans Outdoors. Due to increased demand Cotton Traders upsized their store to be the largest in the UK!
January trading figures have recently been announced, showing an average of a 20 per cent increase in sales year on year throughout the centre.
You may also want to watch:
Atlantic Village centre manager Jane McLeod said: "We're bucking the trend with our retail performance. Despite the spell of bad weather in early January which even forced us to close for one and a half days we have seen a significant upturn in sales, especially on luggage, footwear and outdoor clothing ranges.
"With such a good start to the year we can only see it getting better, obviously our trading success has not gone unnoticed amongst the retail sector; watch this space as we already have a number of blue chip brands lined up to join us in 2010!
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021