Bideford New Year’s Eve celebrations secured
- Credit: Archant
New festival committee outlines vision for the town and invites public to submit ideas at meeting tomorrow (Weds).
THE future of Bideford’s New Year’s Eve celebrations have been secured with the formation of a new committee.
The Bideford Festivals Committee has been given the green light to develop the celebrations on the Quay and get the whole town involved.
Committee member Councillor Phil Pester said he was keen for the newly formed committee to look at other events between the Christmas Light Switch On and New Year’s Eve.
Event organiser Phil Morgan has unveiled a ‘vision’ for a winter style festival during the festive period.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Bideford is an incredibly unique town, with a delightful setting, plenty of establishments to eat, drink and enjoy the hospitality that’s on offer.
“It wouldn’t be that difficult to set up something that resembles the wonderful Edinburgh Fringe Festival right here in Bideford over the festive period which would truly cater for all tastes.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 7 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
“The celebrations on New Year’s Eve shouldn’t just be about what happens on the Quay, the community as a whole should look at ways that it can get involved with events which we are looking to stage in around the town during the festive period.”
The next meeting of the festival committee will be tomorrow (Wednesday) and will take place at 6pm at the Town Hall with anyone welcome to attend and submit ideas.