Bideford New Year’s Eve celebrations secured
- Credit: Archant
New festival committee outlines vision for the town and invites public to submit ideas at meeting tomorrow (Weds).
THE future of Bideford’s New Year’s Eve celebrations have been secured with the formation of a new committee.
The Bideford Festivals Committee has been given the green light to develop the celebrations on the Quay and get the whole town involved.
Committee member Councillor Phil Pester said he was keen for the newly formed committee to look at other events between the Christmas Light Switch On and New Year’s Eve.
Event organiser Phil Morgan has unveiled a ‘vision’ for a winter style festival during the festive period.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Bideford is an incredibly unique town, with a delightful setting, plenty of establishments to eat, drink and enjoy the hospitality that’s on offer.
“It wouldn’t be that difficult to set up something that resembles the wonderful Edinburgh Fringe Festival right here in Bideford over the festive period which would truly cater for all tastes.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
“The celebrations on New Year’s Eve shouldn’t just be about what happens on the Quay, the community as a whole should look at ways that it can get involved with events which we are looking to stage in around the town during the festive period.”
The next meeting of the festival committee will be tomorrow (Wednesday) and will take place at 6pm at the Town Hall with anyone welcome to attend and submit ideas.