Two in hospital with ‘life-threatening’ injuries after Bideford collision
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a collision in New Road, Bideford on Saturday night, which saw two men airlifted to hospital.
Two men were airlifted to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a collision in Bideford on Saturday evening.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the crash, which happened outside of Bideford police station in New Road at around 6.50pm.
The collision involved three vehicles: a silver Honda Civic, a brown Vauxhall Cascada cabriolet and a black Vauxhall Corsa.
As a result of the collision, the driver of the Honda, a 27-year-old local man, and passenger, a 19-year-old local man, suffered life-threatening injuries and were flown to Derriford Hospital and Southmead Hospital.
They had to be cut from the vehicle by fire fighters from Bideford and Appledore.
The rear seat passenger of the Cascada, a 22-year-old woman, suffered a suspected broken arm and was taken to North Devon District Hospital by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The driver and front seat passenger of this car sustained minor injuries and the driver and passenger of the Corsa were uninjured.
The road was closed for several hours while collision investigators worked at the scene.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the police via email email@example.com quoting log number 757 for the October 28, 2017.