Two in hospital with ‘life-threatening’ injuries after Bideford collision
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a collision in New Road, Bideford on Saturday night, which saw two men airlifted to hospital.
Two men were airlifted to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a collision in Bideford on Saturday evening.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the crash, which happened outside of Bideford police station in New Road at around 6.50pm.
The collision involved three vehicles: a silver Honda Civic, a brown Vauxhall Cascada cabriolet and a black Vauxhall Corsa.
As a result of the collision, the driver of the Honda, a 27-year-old local man, and passenger, a 19-year-old local man, suffered life-threatening injuries and were flown to Derriford Hospital and Southmead Hospital.
They had to be cut from the vehicle by fire fighters from Bideford and Appledore.
The rear seat passenger of the Cascada, a 22-year-old woman, suffered a suspected broken arm and was taken to North Devon District Hospital by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The driver and front seat passenger of this car sustained minor injuries and the driver and passenger of the Corsa were uninjured.
The road was closed for several hours while collision investigators worked at the scene.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the police via email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting log number 757 for the October 28, 2017.