Bideford Morrisons staff pedal for charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff take a spin around the store foyer throughout the day in support of the MS Trust.
STAFF at Bideford Morrisons pedalled halfway around the clock on Thursday to raise money for the MS Trust.
From 9.30am until well into the evening staff took turns to put in a stint on spin cycles inside the store foyer, joined by sixth form students from Bideford College.
Even the night shift came back to work during their time off to take a turn on the bikes, loaned by Mark Cann of Anyone Cann.
The fund raiser collected £350 and was held in support of regular customer James Starkey, who is friends with several staff at the store.
You may also want to watch:
James is running the London Marathon this April for the MS Trust in memory of his sister Megan, who passed away in September, aged just 25.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience