Bideford Morrisons staff pedal for charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff take a spin around the store foyer throughout the day in support of the MS Trust.
STAFF at Bideford Morrisons pedalled halfway around the clock on Thursday to raise money for the MS Trust.
From 9.30am until well into the evening staff took turns to put in a stint on spin cycles inside the store foyer, joined by sixth form students from Bideford College.
Even the night shift came back to work during their time off to take a turn on the bikes, loaned by Mark Cann of Anyone Cann.
The fund raiser collected £350 and was held in support of regular customer James Starkey, who is friends with several staff at the store.
You may also want to watch:
James is running the London Marathon this April for the MS Trust in memory of his sister Megan, who passed away in September, aged just 25.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new