Bideford media man lands ‘FAB’ job with Thunderbirds link
- Credit: @tidyeyepr
Raymond Goldsmith has teamed up with the co-creator of the legendary series
It was literally ‘Thunderbirds to the rescue’ for a Bideford PR man who has landed his dream job after being hired by legendary series co-creator Sylvia Anderson.
When Thunderbirds fan Raymond Goldsmith of Tidy Eye PR ran into old friend Dee Anderson on Twitter she asked if he would help her and mother Sylvia, the former wife of Gerry Anderson and inspiration for ‘Lady Penelope’, promote their star-studded A-list charity event the Pink FAB Ball.
With a background in film, they were also keen to secure Ray’s services helping with a new science fiction animation television series called The Last Station, currently in development, plus their new online lifestyle television channel GloTIME TV.
Ray, has endured a difficult couple of years as he struggled to get his fledging PR company up and running.
You may also want to watch:
To compound it all, a car collision which knocked him off his mountain bike left him with a severely dislocated collarbone and endless medical complications after two failed operations.
“I am a lifelong Thunderbirds fan so I consider it a special honour to be offered such a key role in shaping a future for Sylvia and Dee’s projects. Thunderbirds to the rescue for real,” said Ray.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
“It feels quite personal too so I’ll be taking extra care. I’ve watched my entire world turn around this week, it’s been a life changer.”
Dee said: “Raymond is very proactive and is known as an out-of-the-box creative thinker. He is very focussed, works very hard and goes the extra mile. He has been amazing, I think he is probably one of the best PR people I have ever worked with.”
All proceeds from the Pink FAB Ball will be donated to Breast Cancer Care, It will be held in London on May 6 next year, where lucky guests can mingle with A-list stars, watch iconic performers, enter an exclusive raffle and take part in a charity auction.
* For tickets and group packages contact Zena on 01273 921918 or 07776 207689, or email email@example.com