Bideford McDonald’s to ‘be open by Christmas’
- Credit: Archant
Updated: New restaurant and drive-thru set to open this year.
Update May 15, 2014: Since the North Devon Gazette published this story, it has been contacted by Whitbread who clarified they had given incorrect dates.
A spokesman said work on the Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre restaurant would actually commence in winter this year and will be open by Autumn 2015.
The Gazette had amended the original story below.
A BRAND new McDonald’s is set to be open in Bideford by Christmas, but a new Premier Inn and restaurant will not be complete until 2015.
Planning permission for the 70 bed hotel, 85-seat McDonald’s restaurant and drive-thru and 190-cover Brewers Fayre restaurant was passed in May last year.
You may also want to watch:
The Atlantic Park development is set to be constructed opposite Atlantic Village on Clovelly Road and despite trees being cleared no visible work has been done.
A spokesman for McDonald’s said the construction schedule was being finalised but the restaurant was expected to be up and running by Christmas.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
Meanwhile John Bates, head of acquisitions for Whitbread, who owns Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre, said: “We expect to start work on site on our new 70-bedroom Bideford Premier Inn in winter this year.
“The new hotel will form part of the new Atlantic Park development.
“The Premier Inn represents a significant £5.5million investment and will create 55 new jobs in the local area.
“We look forward to opening our doors to customers in autumn 2015.”
The Clovelly Road area has been subject to a number of new development proposals.
In December a consultation was held by Bloor Homes on plans for Winsford Park, a proposed 750-home development adjacent to Atlantic Park.
In March this year, a planning application was submitted by Linden Homes for the Clovelly Road Park development, which lies opposite Atlantic Park.