Bideford man rescued after cooker fire

A man was rescued from a Bideford property yesterday (Sunday) by emergency services after a fire in a cooker. Two fire appliances from Bideford were called to the address in Clovelly Road at 6.45pm after a report of alarms sounding in the property for 40

A man was rescued from a Bideford property yesterday (Sunday) by emergency services after a fire in a cooker.

Two fire appliances from Bideford were called to the address in Clovelly Road at 6.45pm after a report of alarms sounding in the property for 40 minutes.

It is understood police forced entry to the premises and found the man, who was treated on scene by paramedics from South Western Ambulance Service, but was not thought to have suffered permanent injury.

The fire itself was out on arrival and fire crews inspected the area to ensure it was safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter