Bideford M&Co helps raise money to fight cancer
The staff and customers of Bideford’s M&Co store have been fundraising to support Cancer Research UK
Staff and customers at M&Co in Bideford have helped the high street retailer raise �850,000 for Cancer Research UK.
Since the company began fundraising for the cancer charity in 2008, the store on Bideford High Street has raised �133.
The money was raised through a variety of fundraising activities including the retailer offering vouchers to spend in store in return for the donation of unwanted clothes.
Staff in stores across the country also took place in the Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life, fashion shows, sponsored walks and even skydives.
Andy McGeoch, Director of Marketing and Business Development at M&Co said: “Employees throughout the company, both in our stores and head office, have championed our fundraising and made a real difference to the amount we raised. I’d also like to thank our customers in the local community for getting involved and helping us in our efforts.”
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 5 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 6 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 7 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 8 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple shop volunteer Jo wins Flame of Hope Award
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant