Bideford luncheons and lessons
A Community Lunch Club has started at the Pollyfield Centre in East-the-Water, Bideford, to provide not only inexpensive meals, but an opportunity for cookery training. The club, which held its first session on Thursday,has been organised by the Pollyfiel
A Community Lunch Club has started at the Pollyfield Centre in East-the-Water, Bideford, to provide not only inexpensive meals, but an opportunity for cookery training.
The club, which held its first session on Thursday,has been organised by the Pollyfield team in association with the North Devon College.
College tutor Lisa O'Connor, a three-star Michelin chef, not only prepares the food, but offers anyone the opportunity to train towards an NVQ qualification.
This includes young people on community service or unable to find jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Diners benefit from a two-course lunch for �4.50 and the events also provide an opportunity for people to socialise, especially valuable to those who may be living alone.
The lunch clubs are open to all and are being held each Thursday from 12.30pm to 1.30pm
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
More information from Pat Ferguson on (01237) 478734 or 07811 608228 and Pauline Davies on 07890 071811.