Bideford lights switched on this weekend
Titan the Robot will be performing and reindeers will parade through the streets of Bideford on Sunday.
Bideford will come alive with festive cheer this weekend as the annual light switch on is held on Sunday.
From reindeer to robots, there will be something for everyone as the fun kicks off on The Quay at 1pm.
Titan the Robot will perform shows throughout the day at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm, and quayside entertainers will provide fun throughout the celebrations.
Dave Hendy the magician and Abi Faulkner’s stilt walkers will be wowing the crowd while the tones of Kingsley School Choir and Bideford Town Band serenade those gathered.
You may also want to watch:
The big light switch-on is scheduled for 5pm as darkness falls, and will be performed by a child from the North Devon Hospice and Children’s Holiday Foundation North Devon.
The Reindeer Parade will then commence at 5.30pm, following its usual route along The Quay via Allhalland Street, Mill Street, Bridgeland Street and then returning to The Quay.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
The parade will be formed by the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre, who will travel down from Scotland where they form part of Britain’s only herd roaming freely in their natural environment.
At 6pm, the event will culminate with a firework display taking place on the opposite side of the River Torridge.
The event will be hosted by The Voice FM and the lights will be provided by Bideford Town Council.
Event organiser Darren Sparrey said: “People, particularly the children, who this event is really all about, are still enthusiastic whatever the weather, but a fine afternoon and evening really makes all the difference.
“Staging the event on a Sunday last year proved what a family orientated event it is, with more people gathering on the Quay than ever before.
“The weather last year was phenomenal and fingers crossed, we will be as lucky this year.”