Chanters Road terraced property suffers serious smoke and heat damage after ground floor blaze

Fire crews from Bideford and Appledore were mobilised to reports of a property fire at Chanters Road, Bideford, last night (Tuesday, August 8).

On arrival at around 9.40pm they discovered a blaze on the ground floor of the terraced property involving the electrics.

Crews used four breathing apparatus, two hose reels and one safety jet to extinguish the fire. They also used two thermal imaging cameras one CO2 monitor and small tools to ensure the property was safe.

The property was ten per cent damaged by the fire and the remainder of the property was severely damaged by the heat and the smoke.