Bideford hosts festive Frost Fayre
- Credit: Archant
Mill Street will present torch-lit carols for all and a craft and gift market on December 14.
BIDEFORD will be alive with festive cheer tomorrow (Saturday) as local businesses host a Frost Fayre.
From 3pm – 8pm there will a gift and craft market outside the Baptist Church in Mill Street, with pipe band playing at 3pm.
At 5pm there will be a mass carol sing-a-long with people invited to bring lanterns, torches or battery candles inside a lantern.
Carol sheets will be provided and singers are welcome to bring along an instrument.
You may also want to watch:
After the carols there will be a charity auction held by the RSPCA shop in Mill Street with more than 100 lots.
Lavington Church will be open until late for its Tree Festival, and the Pannier Market will also be open throughout the day.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Shops in the area will be giving out goodies including mulled wine and mince pies, and there will be face painting, glitter tattoos and more.
For more information visit the Businesses of Bideford Facebook page.