Bideford care home rolls out pioneering Electronic Care Plans
- Credit: Care South
Care South’s Kenwith Castle care home in Bideford is one of the latest homes to invest in new technology and implement Electronic Care Plans.
These plans will completely transform and modernise how care is recorded at the home, ensuring the team can spend less time completing paperwork and remain focused on spending time looking after valued residents.
The system gives nominated relatives direct access to aspects of their loved one’s care plans as part of a new ‘Family Gateway’, giving those near or far unique access to real-time care information and two-way communication with teams.
It is easy-to-use and gives real peace of mind for those who are away from their loved ones. It also ensures that all staff members are fully informed of every resident’s care at the touch of a button, which is positive for teams, and will ensure that everyone is getting consistent and responsive care across all of Care South’s homes.
Angie l’Anson, Group Practice Development Lead at Care South, commented: “Electronic Care Planning is a really exciting opportunity for us at Care South as care plans are essential to ensuring residents receive the appropriate care for their needs.
You may also want to watch:
“Not only does it enable our carers to easily access and record residents notes at point of care, but it also facilitates management and auditing of care plans and notes from anywhere and at any time, giving a better overview of all care needs.
“Research suggests that it leads to improved care delivery, a more person-centred approach and meeting both medical and social needs, which saves time and results in a higher quality experience of care with residents.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 8 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 9 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
She added: “So far, it has been a great success. Our team has embraced the changes and can really see the benefits to both our residents and their own working days. They enjoy how interactive and easy the system has been to use, even for our employees who are not used to smart phones and computers.”
Kenwith Castle is a welcoming 54-bed care home set in the heart of North Devon’s coastal countryside that offers residential and dementia care.