A Bideford hairdresser has thanked the amazing community after her salon was destroyed by a fire last week. Jan Little watched on in horror as Clippers, the salon she had owned for 10 years, burned down on Wednesday. The fire began in a hairdryer but quickly escalated, gutting the shop floor in Bridgeland Street and damaging the flat above, as well as a nearby parked car. But thanks to the community of Bideford hairdressers swiftly rallying around, Jan has opened a new pop-up shop today (Tuesday). She told the Gazette: Steven Bishop from Steven & Laurent called me the night of the fire and offered me their temporary shop in Grenville Street. He explained he was leaving to move back into his salon on Monday so I could have it from Tuesday. And The Hair Dressers in Mill Street offered us their shop too, so we worked out of there on Saturday and Monday. Most of the hairdressers in the town have contacted me and offered equipment - even The Hair Academy at Petroc. Everybody has just made what was a horrific situation so much easier to cope with. The community spirit has been fantastic. Jan said she hoped to be able to re-open her salon, but it was too early to tell how long it would take to repair the building. Four fire crews from Bideford and Barnstaple were called out to the salon at around 2.45pm on Wednesday. Jan said one of the salon workers had just taken a lady out of the hair dryer when she noticed smoke coming from it. By the time she had got the fire extinguisher it had burst into flames, she said. It took fire fighters several hours to dampen down the scene, with the fire confirmed out at 10pm. Incident commander Bill Harvison praised those in the salon that raised the alarm. He said: It has been quite a severe fire on the ground floor of the three story building. The people in the shop did all the right things - they spotted the fire, they evacuated as quickly as possible, they knocked off the electricity and they didnt stop to try and tackle it, they got out and waited for us to arrive. They also gave us good instructions about what was involved, so we were able to resource it quickly.