Bideford gears up for Disney-themed New Year’s Eve celebrations
- Credit: Archant
The event, which will see a lantern parade through the town, will be dedicated to the late Cllr Steve Clarke OBE.
BIDEFORD’S Disney-themed New Years’ Eve celebrations will start early this year with a traditional treat at the Pannier Market from 4pm until 6pm.
The doors will be thrown open for an afternoon of fun and festivities for those under 16, with party games, fancy dress, ball pits, bouncy castles and face painting.
There will also be a lantern workshop where volunteers will help children and parents alike decorate a lantern of their choice.
These will be displayed in all their glory during a lantern parade led by the Samba Baia band, scheduled to run from the Town Hall at 6.20pm along the Quay and towards Jubilee Square.
You may also want to watch:
The X Radio 1 Roadshow stage will be on Jubilee Square, providing entertainment to the crowds in the lead up to midnight.
Phil Morgan, Bideford Festival Committee chairman, said: “If the weather is right, it should be a real spectacle for everyone to enjoy, with the rhythm of the drums, the colour of the lights and the creativity that we know is in abundance in Bideford.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
“It should be a truly memorable event for Bideford and something that I know can only grow in scale over the forthcoming years.”
Admission to the Pannier Market is by ticket only but tickets are freely available from: Bideford Cobblers and Keys, Radford’s News Agents, The Goose Green Café, Number Six Taxis, First Years and Beyond, The Orange Tree Café, The Magpies Nest and the Pannier Galley Café in Bideford’s Pannier Market.
Keep a look out too for an exclusive, gold coloured ticket which will entitle the holder to a special VIP goody bag and a free commemorative photo with one of the special guests in the winter wonderland photo booth.
The big event has been dedicated to the late Cllr Steve Clarke OBE, who was a key player in the Bideford Festival Committee and helped arrange the event for many years.
Full details of this event can be found on Facebook, searching for Businesses of Bideford and looking out for the special ‘Magical Moments’ link.