Bideford Freemasons donate £1,000 to hospital
- Credit: Archant
Money will go towards the Friends of Bideford Hospital’s £3,000 appeal to buy a bariatric chair.
THE Bideford Freemasons have handed over a cheque for £1,000 to the Friends of Bideford Hospital which will help fund a new bariatric chair.
The Freemasons have raised the money over the last year and member Bill Parrett chose to donate it to the friends to give something back.
He said: “I lost my leg 18 months ago at North Devon District Hospital and the NHS has been absolutely wonderful.
“This is a wonderful hospital here and long may it remain for the people of Bideford.”
You may also want to watch:
Yvonne Taylor, chairman of the Friends, said the money would be used for the next project to buy a bariatric chair for clinically obese patients.
“This will cost around £3,000 so this has helped us well on our way,” said Yvonne.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
“I used to be a district nurse so I know how vital this hospital is to the community.”
Anyone who is interested in fundraising for the Friends of Bideford Hospital can contact Yvonne on 01271 372593.