Bideford Freemasons donate £1,000 to hospital
- Credit: Archant
Money will go towards the Friends of Bideford Hospital’s £3,000 appeal to buy a bariatric chair.
THE Bideford Freemasons have handed over a cheque for £1,000 to the Friends of Bideford Hospital which will help fund a new bariatric chair.
The Freemasons have raised the money over the last year and member Bill Parrett chose to donate it to the friends to give something back.
He said: “I lost my leg 18 months ago at North Devon District Hospital and the NHS has been absolutely wonderful.
“This is a wonderful hospital here and long may it remain for the people of Bideford.”
You may also want to watch:
Yvonne Taylor, chairman of the Friends, said the money would be used for the next project to buy a bariatric chair for clinically obese patients.
“This will cost around £3,000 so this has helped us well on our way,” said Yvonne.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
“I used to be a district nurse so I know how vital this hospital is to the community.”
Anyone who is interested in fundraising for the Friends of Bideford Hospital can contact Yvonne on 01271 372593.