Bideford fitness centre helps hospice
Michele White Fitness raises �700 for charity at anniversary Open Day.
GYM members, visitors and staff at Michele White Fitness Centre in Bideford have raised �700 for North Devon Hospice.
Owner Michele wanted to mark the fifth anniversary of her business with a fun Open Day, which featured a range of activities from fitness and dance classes to an “It’s a Knockout” style contest. All were �5, with proceeds donated to the hospice.
“It was fantastic how our members came along and supported the event, as well as visitors, with up to 300 people on the day,” said Michele.
Stephen Roberts, commercial director at the hospice, added: “This is a classic example of the essential support we rely on to provide quality care for the community of North Devon.”
There will be more fund raising at the Michele White Fitness Summer Ball in the Pier House, Westward Ho! on June 9 at 7.30pm. A grand raffle will be raising money for the hospice on the night. Anyone who would like to go to the ball, or buy raffle tickets, can contact Michele White Fitness on 01237 478802.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 8 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 9 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 10 Together we can look forward to 2022