Bideford fitness centre helps hospice
Michele White Fitness raises �700 for charity at anniversary Open Day.
GYM members, visitors and staff at Michele White Fitness Centre in Bideford have raised �700 for North Devon Hospice.
Owner Michele wanted to mark the fifth anniversary of her business with a fun Open Day, which featured a range of activities from fitness and dance classes to an “It’s a Knockout” style contest. All were �5, with proceeds donated to the hospice.
“It was fantastic how our members came along and supported the event, as well as visitors, with up to 300 people on the day,” said Michele.
Stephen Roberts, commercial director at the hospice, added: “This is a classic example of the essential support we rely on to provide quality care for the community of North Devon.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be more fund raising at the Michele White Fitness Summer Ball in the Pier House, Westward Ho! on June 9 at 7.30pm. A grand raffle will be raising money for the hospice on the night. Anyone who would like to go to the ball, or buy raffle tickets, can contact Michele White Fitness on 01237 478802.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's