Bideford fitness centre helps hospice
Michele White Fitness raises �700 for charity at anniversary Open Day.
GYM members, visitors and staff at Michele White Fitness Centre in Bideford have raised �700 for North Devon Hospice.
Owner Michele wanted to mark the fifth anniversary of her business with a fun Open Day, which featured a range of activities from fitness and dance classes to an “It’s a Knockout” style contest. All were �5, with proceeds donated to the hospice.
“It was fantastic how our members came along and supported the event, as well as visitors, with up to 300 people on the day,” said Michele.
Stephen Roberts, commercial director at the hospice, added: “This is a classic example of the essential support we rely on to provide quality care for the community of North Devon.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be more fund raising at the Michele White Fitness Summer Ball in the Pier House, Westward Ho! on June 9 at 7.30pm. A grand raffle will be raising money for the hospice on the night. Anyone who would like to go to the ball, or buy raffle tickets, can contact Michele White Fitness on 01237 478802.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford