Fire crews tackle bedroom blaze in Bideford

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene. - Credit: Archant

Fire broke out in a house in Churchill Road, Bideford, at about 11.20pm on Monday night (March 30).

Two fire crews attended and found smoke coming from a first-floor bedroom window.

They put out the flames and cleared the smoke with ventilating fans.

The fire, involving bedroom furniture, is believed to be accidental and there are no reports of any injuries.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus