Bideford Farmers’ Market moves to Jubilee Square
- Credit: Archant
New home for farmers’ market during the winter season offering fresh, local produce in Bideford twice a month.
BIDEFORD Farmers’ Market will move to a new location for the winter months, with the first market this Saturday.
The event will be held on the second and fourth Saturday of the month on Jubilee Square, from 9am until 1pm.
Traders have taken over the running of the market from Torridge District Council and formed their own association.
“We have had a long struggle to establish this small market and are proud to begin serving old and new customers, come and enjoy some of Devon’s finest award winning goods,” said local food champion, Dan ‘the fishman’ Garnett.
You may also want to watch:
“A real Devon larder awaits you this Saturday. On sale will be top quality meat, fish, cheese, bread, honey, vegetables, fruit, local hot food and drink, cakes, plants, pies, jams and preservers and more.
“A great alternative to mass produced goods, served from cheerful local producers.”
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Paul Phipps, president of the Bideford and district Chamber of Commerce, will be officially opening the market on Saturday morning.
He said: “This is the face of the future of Bideford town.
“The chamber is actively working with Bideford Town and Torridge District councils and local groups to promote the retail sector. We thank the traders and wish them good luck.”