Bideford Farmers’ Market enjoys success at new location
- Credit: Archant
Traders say they will be there come rain or shine throughout the winter months.
TRADERS at Bideford Farmers’ Market enjoyed a roaring trade this weekend after their first event in Jubilee Square.
Local producers moved from the Quay, where the market is held over the summer months, to the new venue on Saturday.
Dan ‘the fishman’ Garnett, a member of the new association which has taken over the running of the market, said the response was ‘overwhelming’.
He said: “It was an outstanding success for out first market in this new location.
You may also want to watch:
“We were overwhelmed and pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest and enjoyed meeting old and new customers, as well as a number of visitors to the town.
“It was supposed to run from 9am until 1pm but it carried on afterwards because we were so busy.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
“It’s taken one-and-a-half years of discussions with Devon County and Torridge District councils, and we’re really please it has come together.
“Come rain or shine, we’re a hardy bunch and we will be there throughout the whole winter.”
The market takes place on the second and fourth Saturday of the month, and the next one will be on September 28.