Bideford Farmers’ Market enjoys success at new location
- Credit: Archant
Traders say they will be there come rain or shine throughout the winter months.
TRADERS at Bideford Farmers’ Market enjoyed a roaring trade this weekend after their first event in Jubilee Square.
Local producers moved from the Quay, where the market is held over the summer months, to the new venue on Saturday.
Dan ‘the fishman’ Garnett, a member of the new association which has taken over the running of the market, said the response was ‘overwhelming’.
He said: “It was an outstanding success for out first market in this new location.
You may also want to watch:
“We were overwhelmed and pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest and enjoyed meeting old and new customers, as well as a number of visitors to the town.
“It was supposed to run from 9am until 1pm but it carried on afterwards because we were so busy.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 8 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
“It’s taken one-and-a-half years of discussions with Devon County and Torridge District councils, and we’re really please it has come together.
“Come rain or shine, we’re a hardy bunch and we will be there throughout the whole winter.”
The market takes place on the second and fourth Saturday of the month, and the next one will be on September 28.