Bideford East election winners announced
- Credit: Archant
Independent candidates take up seats on Torridge District Council and Bideford Town Council.
TWO new councillors have been announced in Bideford after an election held yesterday.
Sam Robinson, who stood as an independent, has been elected as ward member for Bideford East on Torridge District Council.
He received 295 votes, almost twice as many as the second placed Conservative candidate Dermot McGeough.
David Ratcliff, who also stood as an independent, has been elected as the town councillors for Bideford East.
You may also want to watch:
The voter turnout was 15.6 per cent for the district council election and 14.1 per cent for the town council election.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 3 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal