Bideford East election winners announced
- Credit: Archant
Independent candidates take up seats on Torridge District Council and Bideford Town Council.
TWO new councillors have been announced in Bideford after an election held yesterday.
Sam Robinson, who stood as an independent, has been elected as ward member for Bideford East on Torridge District Council.
He received 295 votes, almost twice as many as the second placed Conservative candidate Dermot McGeough.
David Ratcliff, who also stood as an independent, has been elected as the town councillors for Bideford East.
You may also want to watch:
The voter turnout was 15.6 per cent for the district council election and 14.1 per cent for the town council election.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 9 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's