Bideford dairy scoops two awards at Virtual Cheese Awards
- Credit: SWNS
Bideford-based dairy business, Millbrook Dairy Company, has won two awards at the 2021 Virtual Cheese Awards.
The entrepreneurial newcomer, that was shortlisted for a prestigious national newcomer small business of the year award in 2020, scooped a 1st for its own label Creamery Mature Cheddar and a 3rd for its own label Creamery Vintage Cheddar.
The Virtual Cheese Awards were launched in 2020 during the Covid-19 pandemic to promote and celebrate the fantastic British Cheese Industry during a time of great need, announced the winners at a virtual awards ceremony this week.
Millbrook’s Mature Cheddar, which won a 1st in the Creamery Mature category, is a rich rounded cheddar with a creamy finish that melts on the tongue. Millbrook’s Extra Mature Cheddar won a 3rd in the Creamery Vintage category, and is powerful, crunchy, wonderfully flavoursome cheddar.
Both the own brand label cheeses are part of a portfolio of cheeses from Millbrook Dairy Company. Millbrook is also home to 1057, a premium, extra-mature, Scottish Cheddar, that is made from milk taken from cows who graze the glens and banks of the lochs in Scotland, and Seanachai, a powerful extra-mature, Irish Cheddar.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Beer, Co-Founder and Director at Millbrook Dairy Company, said: “We are delighted with the wins as these are the first awards we have entered. Both of the winning cheeses are hand selected from the very best British and Irish cheese makers and our own affineur delicately matures the two cheddars in specialist cheese stores at around 8C until they have developed the perfect balance of flavour, aroma and texture.
Kevin added: “And there’s no doubt we’re in great company with high profile brands such Wyke Farms, Alvis Bros and Saputo Dairy also being amongst the winners.”
- 1 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 2 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 5 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 6 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 A39 Atlantic Highway near new school 'safe' after no collisions in two years
- 9 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 10 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
Founded in 2019 Millbrook Dairy Company has entered the Dairy sector with a ‘significant aplomb’.
Turning over £15m in its first year – over reaching target by 500% - the company was short-listed by Lloyds Bank in 2020 for its National New Business of the Year Award and looks set to increase growth significantly in its second year of trading.