Bideford couple's jackpot win
A BIDEFORD couple have scooped a �1,000 jackpot in the Children s Hospice South West weekly lottery draw. Tina and Kevin Beer won the top prize in the July 16 draw. I couldn t believe it when I got the letter and kept re-reading it to make sure I had rea
A BIDEFORD couple have scooped a �1,000 jackpot in the Children's Hospice South West weekly lottery draw.
Tina and Kevin Beer won the top prize in the July 16 draw.
"I couldn't believe it when I got the letter and kept re-reading it to make sure I had read it correctly," said Tina.
"The cause is really worthwhile and we support it as we think it's a lovely charity and supports local families, which is great."
The charity currently runs two children's hospices - Little Bridge House in North Devon, and Charlton Farm in Somerset - and is raising funds through the Precious Lives Appeal to build a third hospice - Little Harbour - near St Austell.
A �1,000 jackpot and a number of smaller prizes are up for grabs every week.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 6 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 7 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 10 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
"The draw takes place every Friday, and costs only �1 a week, so make sure you enter today," said Alana Griffiths, CHSW director of support services and lottery promoter.
"Our lottery is easy to join and is a simple way for local people to contribute towards making the most of short and precious lives in the county and across the South West."
To find out more, or to sign up to the CHSW Lottery, telephone (01271) 325270, visit www.chsw.org.uk or ask for a leaflet at Little Bridge House in Fremington.