Bideford couple's jackpot win
A BIDEFORD couple have scooped a �1,000 jackpot in the Children s Hospice South West weekly lottery draw. Tina and Kevin Beer won the top prize in the July 16 draw. I couldn t believe it when I got the letter and kept re-reading it to make sure I had rea
A BIDEFORD couple have scooped a �1,000 jackpot in the Children's Hospice South West weekly lottery draw.
Tina and Kevin Beer won the top prize in the July 16 draw.
"I couldn't believe it when I got the letter and kept re-reading it to make sure I had read it correctly," said Tina.
"The cause is really worthwhile and we support it as we think it's a lovely charity and supports local families, which is great."
You may also want to watch:
The charity currently runs two children's hospices - Little Bridge House in North Devon, and Charlton Farm in Somerset - and is raising funds through the Precious Lives Appeal to build a third hospice - Little Harbour - near St Austell.
A �1,000 jackpot and a number of smaller prizes are up for grabs every week.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
"The draw takes place every Friday, and costs only �1 a week, so make sure you enter today," said Alana Griffiths, CHSW director of support services and lottery promoter.
"Our lottery is easy to join and is a simple way for local people to contribute towards making the most of short and precious lives in the county and across the South West."
To find out more, or to sign up to the CHSW Lottery, telephone (01271) 325270, visit www.chsw.org.uk or ask for a leaflet at Little Bridge House in Fremington.