GCSE Results: Bideford College pupils celebrate top grades
- Credit: Bideford College
There were celebrations at Bideford College on Thursday (August 20) as pupils picked up their GCSE results.
The school said many of its students had taken top grades or exceeded their targets.
Among the top performers was Barney Evans, who hauled 10 grade 9 results – the highest grade awarded.
Ben Seaman gained six 9s, three 8s and a 6, while Ben Cook celebrated four 9s, a distinction*, three 8s and two 7s.
Zoe Cross gained five 9s, three 8s and two 7s, and Lucas Wood earned four 9s, four 8s and a 7.
You may also want to watch:
The school said those that had exceeded their target grades by ‘some margin’ included Leon Morgan, Maciej Czachorowski and Gemma Cleave.
Bideford College principal, Dr Claire Ankers, said: “After a difficult six months it is wonderful to celebrate the fantastic achievements of this exceptional cohort today.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
“Their results continue the sustained improvements seen at the college recognising the hard work and expertise of the staff at the college.
“Whilst we look forward to welcoming many back to study in our sixth form, which has record applicants for this September, we wish them all lots of luck for the future.”