Bideford Children’s Centre celebrates with MP
Staff and parents visited by Torridge MP Geoffrey Cox following good Ofsted report.
TORRIDGE and West Devon MP Geoffrey Cox QC has heaped praise on a popular children’s centre in Bideford after it was rated as “good” by care and education watchdog Ofsted.
Bideford Bay Children’s Centre, run by Action for Children, was described by inspectors in its report as “a warm and welcoming environment” for families and its inclusion of a wide range of families was highlighted as a key strength.
Geoffrey Cox QC MP visited the centre on Wednesday to meet staff and families and to mark the centre’s Ofsted achievement.
“Ofsted’s report shows that the centre, run by the Action for Children charity, deserves great praise and is doing a very important job for the local community in supporting young families in need and improving their lives,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Chappell, Action for Children’s Centre Lead for Bideford Bay Children’s Centre, added: “We are delighted to have such a positive response from Ofsted, which has recognised our strong commitment to partnership working with professional groups and with parents to ensure we are meeting their needs.”
The centre is to focus on increasing access to training and qualifications for service users, plus providing more financial support and advice on benefits to help find routes into employment.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
“We will be running courses in managing money and we are also going to be increasing our use of the Common Assessment Framework to identify the needs of more vulnerable children and their families, and providing a multi-agency approach to meeting those needs,” said Pat.
For more information about Bideford Bay Children’s Centre, visit www.bidefordbaychildrenscentre.org.uk.