Bideford Children’s Centre celebrates with MP
Staff and parents visited by Torridge MP Geoffrey Cox following good Ofsted report.
TORRIDGE and West Devon MP Geoffrey Cox QC has heaped praise on a popular children’s centre in Bideford after it was rated as “good” by care and education watchdog Ofsted.
Bideford Bay Children’s Centre, run by Action for Children, was described by inspectors in its report as “a warm and welcoming environment” for families and its inclusion of a wide range of families was highlighted as a key strength.
Geoffrey Cox QC MP visited the centre on Wednesday to meet staff and families and to mark the centre’s Ofsted achievement.
“Ofsted’s report shows that the centre, run by the Action for Children charity, deserves great praise and is doing a very important job for the local community in supporting young families in need and improving their lives,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Chappell, Action for Children’s Centre Lead for Bideford Bay Children’s Centre, added: “We are delighted to have such a positive response from Ofsted, which has recognised our strong commitment to partnership working with professional groups and with parents to ensure we are meeting their needs.”
The centre is to focus on increasing access to training and qualifications for service users, plus providing more financial support and advice on benefits to help find routes into employment.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects
“We will be running courses in managing money and we are also going to be increasing our use of the Common Assessment Framework to identify the needs of more vulnerable children and their families, and providing a multi-agency approach to meeting those needs,” said Pat.
For more information about Bideford Bay Children’s Centre, visit www.bidefordbaychildrenscentre.org.uk.