Bideford carnival will tell its own tale
BIDEFORD carnival is just around the corner. And this year s special theme is Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tales. Carnival day is tomorrow (Saturday), with the procession starting from The Pill car park at 6pm and making its way to the Quay, Bridgeland Stre
BIDEFORD carnival is just around the corner. And this year's special theme is Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tales.
Carnival day is tomorrow (Saturday), with the procession starting from The Pill car park at 6pm and making its way to the Quay, Bridgeland Street, North Road, Lime Grove and Belvoir Road before returning to the Pill via Abbotsham Road, High Street and the Quay.
Carnival queen Pia Short-Luongo,13, will be crowned before the start of the procession by the Mayor of Bideford Cllr Philip Pester.
Pia will then lead the parade with her attendants Emily Glover,11, and Yasmin Cook ,15, carnival princess Kaitlyn Boon , six, and flower girl Emma Forsythe, nine.
You may also want to watch:
Entry forms are available from the tourist information centre at the Burton Art Gallery or from Pat Humphries (01237) 478993.
The carnival will be followed by the now traditional massed pipes and drums marching on the Quay and playing traditional tunes. The day finishes with a spectacular fireworks display at Bank End at approximately 9.30pm.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home