Bideford carnival organisers could do with some help
BIDEFORD Carnival is not far off and with its growth in recent years, organisers could do with some extra helping hands. We are lucky enough to have some excellent people who help out on the day, but have a number of roles that need to be filled, said c
BIDEFORD Carnival is not far off and with its growth in recent years, organisers could do with some extra helping hands.
"We are lucky enough to have some excellent people who help out on the day, but have a number of roles that need to be filled," said carnival secretary Mike Harper.
"Another memorable evening is being planned, but we are in need of some extra assistance. As with all big events, there's always lots of work to be done behind the scenes. For example, this year the walking entries will be assembling in Victoria Park and help will be needed to marshal them into the right classes for judging.
"Administrative help would also be appreciated, both on the day and before the carnival. The massed pipes and drums will be parading on the Quay after the carnival and more help is required there, too!
You may also want to watch:
"Offers from people or firms who have lorries that they would be willing to let entries use on the day are also needed."
The carnival is on Saturday September 5. If you think you can help, contact Mike Harper (01237) 422477 or e-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand