Bideford carnival organisers could do with some help
BIDEFORD Carnival is not far off and with its growth in recent years, organisers could do with some extra helping hands. We are lucky enough to have some excellent people who help out on the day, but have a number of roles that need to be filled, said c
BIDEFORD Carnival is not far off and with its growth in recent years, organisers could do with some extra helping hands.
"We are lucky enough to have some excellent people who help out on the day, but have a number of roles that need to be filled," said carnival secretary Mike Harper.
"Another memorable evening is being planned, but we are in need of some extra assistance. As with all big events, there's always lots of work to be done behind the scenes. For example, this year the walking entries will be assembling in Victoria Park and help will be needed to marshal them into the right classes for judging.
"Administrative help would also be appreciated, both on the day and before the carnival. The massed pipes and drums will be parading on the Quay after the carnival and more help is required there, too!
You may also want to watch:
"Offers from people or firms who have lorries that they would be willing to let entries use on the day are also needed."
The carnival is on Saturday September 5. If you think you can help, contact Mike Harper (01237) 422477 or e-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land