Bideford care home receives ‘best report yet’ from CQC
- Credit: Archant
The Anchorage care home passed an unnanounced inspection with flying colours.
A CARE home in Bideford has received a positive report from an unannounced inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The Anchorage, a nine-bedroom care home for people with learning disabilities in Abbotsham Road, was inspected in January.
The report outlined the home was a ‘nice place’ with well trained and hard working staff.
One resident of the home told inspectors they had a lot of friends there, and another said the staff were ‘the best we have had.’
You may also want to watch:
It said: “We saw that people’s health and social care needs had been assessed and their choice of activities had been discussed with them and recorded.
“We saw that staff had worked with other health and social care professionals to work out good ways of arranging care and support.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
“We looked at the medication system and saw that it was well organised to support people’s good health.”
Mark Stoneman, manager of The Anchorage, said he was very happy with the results of the report.
“We currently have eight full time residents and seven members of staff,” he said.
“I’ve been working here for 12 years and been manager since 2009, and it’s the best report we’ve had.
“We’re really pleased with this report.”