Bideford cadets get boost from Le Mans
THE famous Le Mans 24-hour race is helping to fastrack fund raising for Bideford Sea Cadets. The cadets are holding a charity auction at the Robin's Nest at Bideford Football Club on Saturday, November 21. Among the many lots of offer will be tickets and
THE famous Le Mans 24-hour race is helping to fastrack fund raising for Bideford Sea Cadets.
The cadets are holding a charity auction at the Robin's Nest at Bideford Football Club on Saturday, November 21.
Among the many lots of offer will be tickets and travel for two to the historic and famous Le Mans 24 hour race which takes place on June 12 and 13 next year.
Other lots will include Formula One signed memorabilia, VIP audience tickets for Deal or No Deal, West End theatre tickets, driving Lessons, signed celebrity photographs, a limited edition print of the Wembley Stadium 'twin towers', and week's accommodation on the Costa Blanca.
You may also want to watch:
"As a unit we are always looking at fresh and interesting activities to inspire our cadets and one of the activities the unit would like to offer cadets includes a cook steward course, which includes hygiene, food preparation, health and safety, organising events and getting a great overall insight into catering," said P O Jenny Tucker.
Bideford sea cadets are want to replace their ageing boat flotilla, to enable cadets to further advance their sailing skills.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
The auction doors open at 7pm and bidding will start at 7.30pm. Money raised will go towards equipping the cadets' galley and the purchase of a new sailing boat.
For further details and lot listings, e-mail: email@example.com or telephone (01237) 478760