Bideford by-election for Steve Clarke’s seats
- Credit: Archant
Town and district voters invited to go to the polls this Thursday (March 20).
A combined by-election takes place on Thursday (March 20) for the Bideford East district and town council seats of the late Steve Clarke.
Six candidates are standing for the Torridge District Council seat. They are: James Craigie (Labour); Dermot McGeough (Conservative); David Ratcliff (Independent); Sam Robinson (Ind); Alan Smith (Ind) and Bob Wootton (Liberal Democrats).
Standing for the Bideford Town Council seat are: James Craigie (Lab); Steve Ford (Conservative) and David Ratcliff (Ind).
Polling stations are open from 7am to 10pm and are at both Ethelwynne Brown Close and the Pollyfield Centre for the town and district council elections.
You may also want to watch:
Additional district polling stations will be at Alverdiscott Community Hall, Huntshaw Village Hall and Weare Giffard Village Hall.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon