Bideford by-election for Steve Clarke’s seats
- Credit: Archant
Town and district voters invited to go to the polls this Thursday (March 20).
A combined by-election takes place on Thursday (March 20) for the Bideford East district and town council seats of the late Steve Clarke.
Six candidates are standing for the Torridge District Council seat. They are: James Craigie (Labour); Dermot McGeough (Conservative); David Ratcliff (Independent); Sam Robinson (Ind); Alan Smith (Ind) and Bob Wootton (Liberal Democrats).
Standing for the Bideford Town Council seat are: James Craigie (Lab); Steve Ford (Conservative) and David Ratcliff (Ind).
Polling stations are open from 7am to 10pm and are at both Ethelwynne Brown Close and the Pollyfield Centre for the town and district council elections.
You may also want to watch:
Additional district polling stations will be at Alverdiscott Community Hall, Huntshaw Village Hall and Weare Giffard Village Hall.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple