Bideford beauty follows in her gran's footsteps
A BIDEFORD beauty has reached the finals of two UK competitions - Princess of the World and Miss Model International. They take place in London in April. Zoiey-Marie Smale, 20, who is currently a student clinical physiologist studying in Oxford, won Miss
A BIDEFORD beauty has reached the finals of two UK competitions - Princess of the World and Miss Model International.
They take place in London in April.
Zoiey-Marie Smale, 20, who is currently a student clinical physiologist studying in Oxford, won Miss Oxfordshire last year.
She is also taking part in Miss Great Britain, Miss Universe GB, Miss Earth England and Miss Galaxy UK this year.
You may also want to watch:
Zoiey told the Gazette that she is trying to break into the modelling business and has an ambition to be featured on a massive billboard or on the front cover of a magazine.
"I had the urge to compete in beauty pageants after my nan passed away in 2008," she said.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
"She was a beauty queen herself. I decided to give it a go and I have got the bug to do more!" she said.
The winner of Princess of the World UK will set sail on the luxury cruise liner MSC Magnifica to compete in the international final in September and visit a number of countries, such as Italy, Greece, Turkey, Croatia and the Czech Republic!
Miss Model International UK will jet off to the Caribbean Island of St.Martin in June and compete in the international final on July 10th. It is anticipated that 60 countries from across the globe will compete for the title.
Winners of both competitions will also win other prizes, such as a portfolio shoot with a top photographer!