Bideford beauty follows in her gran's footsteps
A BIDEFORD beauty has reached the finals of two UK competitions - Princess of the World and Miss Model International. They take place in London in April. Zoiey-Marie Smale, 20, who is currently a student clinical physiologist studying in Oxford, won Miss
A BIDEFORD beauty has reached the finals of two UK competitions - Princess of the World and Miss Model International.
They take place in London in April.
Zoiey-Marie Smale, 20, who is currently a student clinical physiologist studying in Oxford, won Miss Oxfordshire last year.
She is also taking part in Miss Great Britain, Miss Universe GB, Miss Earth England and Miss Galaxy UK this year.
Zoiey told the Gazette that she is trying to break into the modelling business and has an ambition to be featured on a massive billboard or on the front cover of a magazine.
"I had the urge to compete in beauty pageants after my nan passed away in 2008," she said.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
"She was a beauty queen herself. I decided to give it a go and I have got the bug to do more!" she said.
The winner of Princess of the World UK will set sail on the luxury cruise liner MSC Magnifica to compete in the international final in September and visit a number of countries, such as Italy, Greece, Turkey, Croatia and the Czech Republic!
Miss Model International UK will jet off to the Caribbean Island of St.Martin in June and compete in the international final on July 10th. It is anticipated that 60 countries from across the globe will compete for the title.
Winners of both competitions will also win other prizes, such as a portfolio shoot with a top photographer!