Bideford beauty follows in her gran's footsteps
A BIDEFORD beauty has reached the finals of two UK competitions - Princess of the World and Miss Model International. They take place in London in April. Zoiey-Marie Smale, 20, who is currently a student clinical physiologist studying in Oxford, won Miss
A BIDEFORD beauty has reached the finals of two UK competitions - Princess of the World and Miss Model International.
They take place in London in April.
Zoiey-Marie Smale, 20, who is currently a student clinical physiologist studying in Oxford, won Miss Oxfordshire last year.
She is also taking part in Miss Great Britain, Miss Universe GB, Miss Earth England and Miss Galaxy UK this year.
You may also want to watch:
Zoiey told the Gazette that she is trying to break into the modelling business and has an ambition to be featured on a massive billboard or on the front cover of a magazine.
"I had the urge to compete in beauty pageants after my nan passed away in 2008," she said.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
"She was a beauty queen herself. I decided to give it a go and I have got the bug to do more!" she said.
The winner of Princess of the World UK will set sail on the luxury cruise liner MSC Magnifica to compete in the international final in September and visit a number of countries, such as Italy, Greece, Turkey, Croatia and the Czech Republic!
Miss Model International UK will jet off to the Caribbean Island of St.Martin in June and compete in the international final on July 10th. It is anticipated that 60 countries from across the globe will compete for the title.
Winners of both competitions will also win other prizes, such as a portfolio shoot with a top photographer!