Bideford baby shares birth date with Prince George
- Credit: Archant
Evie Hope Smale was born on Monday morning as the world waited with baited breath for the arrival of the royal baby.
A BIDEFORD couple are celebrating after their daughter was born on the same day as the future King of England.
Emma and Mark Smale had already left North Devon District Hospital when the Gazette visited the babies born on the same day as Prince George Alexander Louis.
Evie Hope Smale was born weighing 8lbs 1oz at 8.44am on Monday, a sister for two-year-old Imogen.
She was one of six babies – five boys and a girl – born at the Barnstaple hospital on the same day as the future heir.
You may also want to watch:
Emma said the couple had applied for the silver Royal Mint – a special coin which is being given to parents whose children were born on the same day as the prince.
“It will be something nice for her to have when she’s older,” said Emma.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
“Evie actually arrived on my due date; my friend text me on the day telling me to hurry up because Kate had gone into labour.
“But Evie was already on her way – she got there first.”