Bideford baby shares birth date with Prince George
- Credit: Archant
Evie Hope Smale was born on Monday morning as the world waited with baited breath for the arrival of the royal baby.
A BIDEFORD couple are celebrating after their daughter was born on the same day as the future King of England.
Emma and Mark Smale had already left North Devon District Hospital when the Gazette visited the babies born on the same day as Prince George Alexander Louis.
Evie Hope Smale was born weighing 8lbs 1oz at 8.44am on Monday, a sister for two-year-old Imogen.
She was one of six babies – five boys and a girl – born at the Barnstaple hospital on the same day as the future heir.
You may also want to watch:
Emma said the couple had applied for the silver Royal Mint – a special coin which is being given to parents whose children were born on the same day as the prince.
“It will be something nice for her to have when she’s older,” said Emma.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
“Evie actually arrived on my due date; my friend text me on the day telling me to hurry up because Kate had gone into labour.
“But Evie was already on her way – she got there first.”