Bideford Army chef in festive bake off
- Credit: Mark Owens
The sergeant scooped the runner up prize in the Christmas baking competition at his regiment in Scotland.
AN army chef from Bideford has been commended in a festive Army Christmas cake bake off.
Sergeant Mark Hubbard, 33, scooped a prize at the competition hosted by his regiment, the 39 Engineer Regiment in Kinloss Barracks near Inverness.
The competition was open to all army chefs in Scotland and was judged in a junior category and a senior category for corporals, sergeants and above.
There were 22 cakes competing for the top spot, judged by a panel including commanding officers, warrant officers and independent professional companies.
You may also want to watch:
Mark, who has been with the Army for 15 years and is a fully qualified chef with the Royal Logistic Corps, won the runner up prize in the senior category.
All entries to the competition will be auctioned off for the charity Cash for Kids.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 4 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year