Bideford Army chef in festive bake off
- Credit: Mark Owens
The sergeant scooped the runner up prize in the Christmas baking competition at his regiment in Scotland.
AN army chef from Bideford has been commended in a festive Army Christmas cake bake off.
Sergeant Mark Hubbard, 33, scooped a prize at the competition hosted by his regiment, the 39 Engineer Regiment in Kinloss Barracks near Inverness.
The competition was open to all army chefs in Scotland and was judged in a junior category and a senior category for corporals, sergeants and above.
There were 22 cakes competing for the top spot, judged by a panel including commanding officers, warrant officers and independent professional companies.
You may also want to watch:
Mark, who has been with the Army for 15 years and is a fully qualified chef with the Royal Logistic Corps, won the runner up prize in the senior category.
All entries to the competition will be auctioned off for the charity Cash for Kids.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened