Bideford and Torrington fire stations recruiting
- Credit: Archant
Anyone interested can come along to a series of open days to find out more about becoming a retained fire fighters at the stations.
BIDEFORD and Torrington fire stations are on the lookout for people in the local community to become on-call or ‘retained’ fire fighters.
The stations will be holding open days for anyone interested to come along and find out more about becoming a retained fire fighter.
No previous experience in fire fighting is needed, only a commitment to the community, a positive attitude and a good level of fitness.
Me and women who work or live within five minutes’ response time of the station can apply to be on-call to provide a level of cover while at work or home.
You may also want to watch:
The service is particularly looking for people who can cover during the day.
A spokesman for Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service said: “Many people have primary occupations whilst on-call - either employed or self-employed.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
“The Service has examples of employees in factories, shops, takeaways and restaurants who are on-call fire fighters.”
Full training is provided and help in preparing for written and practical assessments.
Anyone interested can pop along to Bideford Fire Station on Sunday, January 26 from 10am-3pm, or Torrington Fire Station on Tuesday, January 28 from 6.30pm – 8.30pm to find out more.