Bideford and Torrington fire stations recruiting
- Credit: Archant
Anyone interested can come along to a series of open days to find out more about becoming a retained fire fighters at the stations.
BIDEFORD and Torrington fire stations are on the lookout for people in the local community to become on-call or ‘retained’ fire fighters.
The stations will be holding open days for anyone interested to come along and find out more about becoming a retained fire fighter.
No previous experience in fire fighting is needed, only a commitment to the community, a positive attitude and a good level of fitness.
Me and women who work or live within five minutes’ response time of the station can apply to be on-call to provide a level of cover while at work or home.
You may also want to watch:
The service is particularly looking for people who can cover during the day.
A spokesman for Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service said: “Many people have primary occupations whilst on-call - either employed or self-employed.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
“The Service has examples of employees in factories, shops, takeaways and restaurants who are on-call fire fighters.”
Full training is provided and help in preparing for written and practical assessments.
Anyone interested can pop along to Bideford Fire Station on Sunday, January 26 from 10am-3pm, or Torrington Fire Station on Tuesday, January 28 from 6.30pm – 8.30pm to find out more.