Minor Injuries Units closed as staff assist coronavirus response
- Credit: Archant
Minor Injuries Units (MIU) in Bideford and Ilfracombe have been temporarily closed to support the coronavirus response in North Devon.
Anyone who would usually attend the MIUs at Bideford Hospital or the Tyrrell Hospital in Ilfracombe for urgent care is advised to go to North Devon District Hospital A&E.
It comes as MIU staff have been redeployed to support teams at the Barnstaple hospital and in the community.
A weekend minor injuries service at Lynton Health Centre is no longer being offered, but it is still available as ususal on weekdays from 8am until 6pm. It will be provided by the practice team at Lyn Health.
A spokesperson for Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust said: “We are taking these steps as part of our preparations for COVID-19. Our MIU staff will be supporting our teams at NDDH with caring for patients and also supporting our community teams to care for patients at home, to keep them out of hospital where possible.
You may also want to watch:
“We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause our local communities, and thank you for your understanding at this time. This will support us to prioritise our services where they are currently most needed.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 10 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics