Britain’s Got talent rock granny Jenny Darren is coming to Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
Britain’s Got Talent ‘rock granny’ Jenny Darren will be rocking out at The Pier Tavern in Ilfracombe this Saturday (December 8).
She shocked the judges and had the auditorium rocking out when she appeared on the show earlier this year – dressed as a frumpy old granny she shed her cardigan to reveal leather underneath and burst into a rendition of AC/DC’s Highway to Hell.
The moment had judges Simon Cowell and David Walliams rocking merrily on their air guitars.
Now Jenny brings her band Jenny Darren and the Ladykillers to North Devon, and fans can expect a night of hot rock bursting with covers and originals.
Her BGT act may have surprised the judges but Jenny has been singing since the age of 12 and is no stranger to the rock scene.
You may also want to watch:
As a teenager she had a record deal with Transatlantic Records and went on to support AC/DC on a six week UK tour – probably the only female singer ever to do so.
She missed out on major fame by a hairs breadth when the song Heartbreaker, written for her, instead became a hit for American Pat Benatar.
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
After four albums and many festivals she hung up her rock heels for the jazz and classical crossover worlds, but returned to her rock roots in 2015.
You can catch Jenny and the band in Ilfracombe’s Pier tavern this Saturday from 8pm, with entry £5 on the door.