Beware the litter threat
I would like to congratulate the person or persons who have been putting signs up opposite Atlantic Village asking that we save the woods from development and to say no to McDonald’s and its litter.
I for one would like to say well done.
After going to Atlantic Village to view the plans for the proposed new development myself and asking about the litter that McDonald’s will cause, as they always do, I was told that they will have three dedicated litter pickers.
Doesn’t that just show how much rubbish is going to be floating around Bideford and the surrounding areas?
At the moment we get McDonald’s rubbish turning up in Bideford and the nearest place that it comes from is nine miles away.
You may also want to watch:
What about all the rubbish that is going to end up in our countryside or river system – are they going to find and pick that up as well? (I don’t think so!)
What a stupid plan this is – to rip down a woodland and concrete over it. Come on Bideford, stop these woods from being lost forever.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 3 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality