Beware danger wall
Many local residents would have been aware of a danger to drivers in Atlantic Way, Westward Ho!, because of a sticking out wall.
The danger is mainly to vehicles travelling from the Bideford direction into Westward Ho!
The danger was caused due to developments taking place adjacent to the narrow stretch of road, where a telegraph pole and street light were left in a dangerous position.
After much nagging at Devon County Council highways department we managed to get these removed.
Unfortunately this has left a further danger caused by an existing, long established wall which sticks out about a metre.
You may also want to watch:
It has no markings and in these dark days and nights it can easily be missed, with the obvious dangers to drivers and passengers.
I therefore urge drivers to be aware of this and ensure that they steer clear until the situation can be resolved.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Devon Highways are aware and I hope that they will be able to sort this dangerous road condition as soon as possible.
Mayor, Northam Town Council