Benefits boost for Torridge families
CHANGES in the law coming into force in November will mean some people are now eligible to receive an increase in council tax or housing benefits, or may now qualify for benefits they didn t in the past, says Torridge District Council. Until now, child be
CHANGES in the law coming into force in November will mean some people are now eligible to receive an increase in council tax or housing benefits, or may now qualify for benefits they didn't in the past, says Torridge District Council.
Until now, child benefit has been taken into account in the calculation of housing and council tax benefits, but from November 2 this will no longer be the case.
The council advises that some of those already getting housing and council tax benefits may get an increase. They don't need to do anything as their claim will be automatically recalculated and they will receive a letter telling of the new award.
Some people currently not in receipt of housing and/or council tax benefit, may now qualify.
You may also want to watch:
To find out if you do, call ( 01237) 428700 and ask for benefits.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer