Bench tribute to childminder
A SPECIAL bench is to be unveiled in the park at Devonshire Park, Bideford, next week in memory of a special woman. After a series of fund-raising events, supported by many local businesses, the Bideford Childminding Group has commissioned the bench and i
A SPECIAL bench is to be unveiled in the park at Devonshire Park, Bideford, next week in memory of a special woman.
After a series of fund-raising events, supported by many local businesses, the Bideford Childminding Group has commissioned the bench and is planning to set it up in memory of Diane Baker, a local childminder for more than 30 years.
The ceremony next Tuesday is timed to coincide with National Childminding Week.
Mrs Baker died in February after a six-year battle with breast cancer.
You may also want to watch:
She and husband Andrew started 38 years of married life in Torrington before setting up home in Devonshire Park with daughters Clare, Mandy and Lisa.
Her love of children initiated a career in childminding and she was like a second mother to those in her care. Many of the children kept in touch with her into adulthood.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes