Beastly good show at Woolacombe on Friday
THE Beast! will be stalking into Woolacombe Village Hall on Friday for a free performance of the hugely entertaining psychological thriller created by the talented Multi Story Theatre. There will be a bar and raffle and although admission is free, proceed
THE Beast! will be stalking into Woolacombe Village Hall on Friday for a free performance of the hugely entertaining psychological thriller created by the talented Multi Story Theatre.
There will be a bar and raffle and although admission is free, proceeds and donations from the event will be going to the Shelterbox charity. It starts at 7.30pm.
There will also be a short film about the work of Shelterbox and how the miraculous boxes, packed with essential supplies such as water purifying equipment, have been worth their weight in disaster zones around the world.
Multi Story Theatre, in the forms of Bill Buffery and Gill Nathanson, is a local company which tours the region with a variety of entertaining productions - where the enduring power of the story is always central.
You may also want to watch:
Beast! is no exception and is based on the hunt for the Beast of Exmoor. The story is told through lightning-quick changes of character and the heightened physicality for which multi story is renowned, plus music and computer-generated imagery.
In the winter of 1982 scores of sheep were savagely slaughtered. A Beast was on the loose. The Marines were called in. Amateur hunters joined the fray. Press hounds bayed across the moor.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 3 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two charged with attempted murder after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 8 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 9 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
But this wasn't the first time the Beast had struck. Nor was it the last...
A marine on the moor. A mysterious woman at his side - there to help or to hinder? For the soldier, fresh from conflict, the hunt takes on a startling significance. And the tale takes on a life of its own, interweaving stories and myths from other times and other traditions to examine the nature of the beast - and the fate of the hero who hunts it.
The event is free and people may simply turn up on the night. But to ensure a seat in advance, call peter Little on (01271) 870510.
n MULTI Story Theatre, Gill Nathanson and Bill Buffery, present Beast! at Woolacombe Village Hall this Friday.