Beard shaved for first time in three decades for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A MAN from Littleham decided to finally say goodbye to his beard after 34 years to raise money for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Chris Peacock last shaved his beard off in 1979 and pledged to have it shaved off for a one-time event if he could raise enough money.
Chris said: “The generosity of Littleham residents know no bounds when it comes to supporting charity.
“The deed was duly carried out during a cream tea by Morris Poole who wielded the clippers and who claimed that he was more nervous than I was about the whole thing.
“This so far is the third event that the village has put on in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal, and they have so far raised a whopping £1385.70.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris managed to raise £300 during his beard shave which has contributed towards the appeal’s £1.53 million total so far.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull