Beard shaved for first time in three decades for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A MAN from Littleham decided to finally say goodbye to his beard after 34 years to raise money for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Chris Peacock last shaved his beard off in 1979 and pledged to have it shaved off for a one-time event if he could raise enough money.
Chris said: “The generosity of Littleham residents know no bounds when it comes to supporting charity.
“The deed was duly carried out during a cream tea by Morris Poole who wielded the clippers and who claimed that he was more nervous than I was about the whole thing.
“This so far is the third event that the village has put on in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal, and they have so far raised a whopping £1385.70.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris managed to raise £300 during his beard shave which has contributed towards the appeal’s £1.53 million total so far.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed