Beard shaved for first time in three decades for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A MAN from Littleham decided to finally say goodbye to his beard after 34 years to raise money for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Chris Peacock last shaved his beard off in 1979 and pledged to have it shaved off for a one-time event if he could raise enough money.
Chris said: “The generosity of Littleham residents know no bounds when it comes to supporting charity.
“The deed was duly carried out during a cream tea by Morris Poole who wielded the clippers and who claimed that he was more nervous than I was about the whole thing.
“This so far is the third event that the village has put on in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal, and they have so far raised a whopping £1385.70.”
Chris managed to raise £300 during his beard shave which has contributed towards the appeal’s £1.53 million total so far.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 6 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 10 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs