Beach quality results go on-line
Thirteen North Devon beaches profiled in new bathing safety study
INFORMATION about the quality and safety of North Devon’s beaches has been published by the Environment Agency.
Bathing water profiles for Barricane Bay, Combe Martin, Croyde, Hartland Quay, Instow, Lynmouth, Putsborough, Saunton, Westward Ho!, Woolacombe and Ilfracombe’s Wildersmouth, Hele and Tunnels beaches have been made available on-line as part of a study of around 500 UK beaches.
The results are designed to let members of the public know about water quality and feature information about sewage and algae, as well as maps and photos.
Spokesperson Ed Mitchell, said: “Our new profiles provide the most comprehensive information yet on the cleanliness of bathing waters, helping the public to make more informed choices about the best locations to bathe.
You may also want to watch:
To view the beach quality results, visit http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/recreation/127712.aspx
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'