Beach cleans at Saunton and Woolacombe
- Credit: Archant
Two more community beach cleans are being held on Saturday in North Devon.
TWO beach cleans will be held in North Devon this weekend after the success of litter picks at Croyde and Westward Ho!
On Saturday, volunteers can either meet at Woolacombe to help out between 10.30am and midday, or Saunton between 10am and midday.
Volunteers helping at Woolacombe are asked to bring their own gloves, bin bags and tubs, and there will be hot drinks afterwards provided by Nick Thorn Surf School.
At Saunton there will be free parking for volunteers, and black bags and a few litter grippers are being supplies.
There will be free hot drinks and cookies at the café and volunteers are helped to wrap up warm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone attending the beach clean can also bring a sieve to help with the smaller ‘mermaids’ tears’ on the sand.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail