BBQ cylinder catches fire in South Molton

Fire engine

Fire engine - Credit: Archant

Fire crews were scrambled to South Molton on Saturday afternoon as temperatures soared.

FIRE crews were called out to South Molton on Saturday after reports of a BBQ gas cylinder caught fire.

Fire fighters from Barnstaple and South Molton arrived at the house in Howards Close just before 3pm.

They extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus wearers and a hose reel jet.

The fire fighters then continued to cool the cylinder after it was extinguished to make sure it was safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter