Bathroom fan causes fire in Ilfracombe

Fire crews were called out in the early hours of Friday morning to reports of a bathroom fire.

FIRE crews were called out in the early hours this morning (Fri) to reports of a fire in a bathroom.

Two fire engines from Ilfracombe and an aerial platform ladder from Barnstaple arrived at the flat in Ilfracombe High Street at around 12.15am.

Fire fighters found a small fire involving an electrical fan in a first floor flat and isolated the electrics.

They also disconnected the fan and made the scene safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter