Bath time drama for Barnstaple fire crew

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE1-tub

- Credit: Archant

Electrical fault after Newport Road tub flood.

FIRE fighters were called out for bath time in Barnstaple last night (Thursday) when an overflowing tub sent smoke billowing from household wiring.

Two fire engines attended the 7.45pm ‘flooding’ in Newport Road after fire alarms were activated.

They discovered bath water had entered the property’s electrical system and isolated the power supply to make it safe, before leaving the matter with the landlord.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus