Bat signed by cricket legend Tendulkar expected to be a big hit at auction
- Credit: Archant
Night of glitz and glamour in Bideford being organised to help the homeless including bat signed by retired Indian batsman.
A CRICKET bat signed by legend of the game Sachin Tendulkar is among a number of special items being auctioned to raise money to help homeless people.
The bat, autographed by the retired Indian batsman, is expected to create a lot of interest at the charity auction and ball at the Royal Hotel in Bideford on December 6, writes Sarah Howells.
The night of glitz and glamour is being organised by Encompass Southwest (formerly BPAG), which works with people in poverty.
It will also feature live music from Zamba and a four course meal and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Abi Mandeville, Torridge rough sleeper outreacher, is organising the event with her colleague Kay Corfe.
She said: “We are encouraging people to book their Christmas party with us as they can have a table of 10-12 to themselves, but we also need prizes for the auction and raffle.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
For more information, to buy tickets or donate a lot, call 01271 371499, or follow @glitzcharity on Twitter.