Bat signed by cricket legend Tendulkar expected to be a big hit at auction
- Credit: Archant
Night of glitz and glamour in Bideford being organised to help the homeless including bat signed by retired Indian batsman.
A CRICKET bat signed by legend of the game Sachin Tendulkar is among a number of special items being auctioned to raise money to help homeless people.
The bat, autographed by the retired Indian batsman, is expected to create a lot of interest at the charity auction and ball at the Royal Hotel in Bideford on December 6, writes Sarah Howells.
The night of glitz and glamour is being organised by Encompass Southwest (formerly BPAG), which works with people in poverty.
It will also feature live music from Zamba and a four course meal and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Abi Mandeville, Torridge rough sleeper outreacher, is organising the event with her colleague Kay Corfe.
She said: “We are encouraging people to book their Christmas party with us as they can have a table of 10-12 to themselves, but we also need prizes for the auction and raffle.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
For more information, to buy tickets or donate a lot, call 01271 371499, or follow @glitzcharity on Twitter.